Seeking talented individuals to join our team as a full time Data Scientist. This individual will be a part of our Development team. If you are a motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with outstanding career and growth opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a tight-knit team of developers, product, design and QA
- Participate in the design, computation, analysis, implementation, and interpretation of integrated datasets / databases.
- Creates and builds on the internal IP and knowledge base for the development of new technology products
- Serves as technical resource for engineering by assisting in the education of text, data, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, and NLP mining methods and approaches
- Works closely with content experts in the review and research to gain a deeper understanding of the context of the informatics domain and specific rules for predictive modeling.
- Brings insight gained through research to work with software engineers to clearly define, design and successfully implement new content analytics features for the product
- Participate in the design, computation, analysis, implementation, and interpretation of integrated datasets/databases
- Applies the gained knowledge into technology used in Engineering and/or Services
- Provide mentoring to team members (ex: Associate Data Scientists and Software Engineers) in one or more areas of expertise
- Works with software engineers to clearly define, design and successfully implement new content analytics features for the product
Skills you have include:
- 2+ years of professional experience
- A Masters or higher in one or more of Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- An appreciation for readable, maintainable code over clever code
- The ability to take a concept and go, without the need for direct technical supervision
Ideally, you have:
- 5+ years of professional development in a team environment in local and remote regions
- Worked with a continuous integration approach
- A PhD in one or more of Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Experience in an Agile (scrum) development process
- A strong understanding of any of: R, SAS, SPSS, RegEx, OpenNLP, Machine Learning
Please direct applicants only. No resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. No out-sourced development or marketing agencies.