Seeking talented individuals to join our team as a full time Jr. Systems Engineer. This individual will be a part of our Operations team. If you are a motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with outstanding career and growth opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with Sr. Systems and Database Engineers in the management of server environments.
- Automates the installation, configuration and maintenance of Dev, Integration and UAT environments.
- Supports the team goals of continuous build, continuous deployment, and constant feedback
- Troubleshoots network and systems related problems and works to resolve them
- Collaborates on a cross-functional agile team to deliver production quality, testable and deployable solutions, sprint after sprint
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment amidst changing requirements and priorities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Prioritizes the team’s sprint goals over technical purity
Skills you have include:
- 1-2+ years of Server Operations experience in a customer facing web software environment
- Hands-on experience debugging server side web applications
- Minimum 1 years system and security administration experience on Linux systems
- Minimum 1 years setting up and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks and protocols
- Minimum 1 years scripting in bash and at least one other language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
Ideally, you have:
- 2+ years of QA experience in a customer facing web software environment
- Worked with a continuous integration approach
- Experience in an Agile (scrum) development process
- Strong foundational knowledge of networking and Linux system administration.
- Passion for the field demonstrated by side projects and contributions to open source.
Please direct applicants only. No resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. No out-sourced development or marketing agencies.