Seeking talented individuals to join our team as a full time Sr. Database Administrator. This individual will be a part of our Operations team. If you are a motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in an energetic and entrepreneurial environment with outstanding career and growth opportunities, then this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Automates the installation, configuration and maintenance of Database environments.
- Supports the team goals of continuous build, continuous deployment, and constant feedback
- Works with developers to instrument production applications with appropriate monitoring and logging
- Troubleshoots network and systems related problems and works to resolve them
- Ensures high availability of environments, while planning for future capacity and growth.
- Develops monitoring solutions for varied database clustering or synchronized in multiple distributed environments
- Collaborates on a cross-functional agile team to deliver production quality, testable and deployable solutions, sprint after sprint
- Considers the important questions up front: how will our database be tested, deployed and monitored? How can we best achieve reliability, scalability and security?
- Motivates and mentors teammates on relevant technologies and best practices
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment amidst changing requirements and priorities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Prioritizes the team’s sprint goals over technical purity
Skills you have include:
- 5+ years of Database Operations experience in a customer facing web software environment
- Hands-on experience debugging server side web applications
- Minimum 3 years as a database architect
- Minimum 3 years installing, setting up and troubleshooting Database server environments
- Minimum 3 years in SQL on more than one SQL type server
Ideally, you have:
- 8+ years of Database experience in a customer facing web software environment
- Prior experience as an application developer
- Worked with a continuous integration approach
- Experience in an Agile (scrum) development process
- Strong knowledge of networking and Linux system administration.
Please direct applicants only. No resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. No out-sourced development or marketing agencies.